The Radnor ABC House
The Radnor ABC House opened its doors in 1972 after a local Wayne, Pennsylvania resident raised funds to buy and renovate a Victorian home conveniently located next to the Radnor Memorial Library on West Wayne Avenue. We are a co-educational program and can accommodate up to ten scholars. Under the nurturing care and mentoring of a Resident Director(s) and three Resident Tutors, our scholars live at the Radnor ABC House while attending Radnor High School during the academic school year.
Radnor High School
Radnor High School is among the top public high schools in the country, voted 53rd best in the United States by The Best Schools, ranked 3rd in Pennsylvania by U.S. News and World Report and 1st in Delaware County by Niche.com. Radnor graduates are consistently accepted to the most competitive colleges in the country. Students are offered Advanced Placement coursework and exams in several areas of study. The AP participation rate at Radnor High School is 73 percent.
Radnor High School is known for its exceptional curriculum, broad range of extracurricular activities and outstanding program of professional development for teachers and administrators. In 2015, the high school was renovated and is currently undergoing modernization of its athletic facilities. Each student is provided a device to ensure that Radnor students have the best technology to meet their needs.
Radnor High School is fortunate to welcome all backgrounds through its doors every day. The vibrant mix of students requires the adults near them to continually learn and employ strategies to meet each student where they are. The staff are purposeful in working to unlock the potential in love of learning for all students. The high school’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiative is providing an environment and school culture which is conducive to learning and which prioritizes student safety and respect. Diversity is valued and celebrated through programs, activities and curriculum.
Living in Wayne, PA
The Radnor ABC House is located in the heart of Radnor Township in the town of Wayne, part of the “Main Line” region in Pennsylvania. Wayne is a beautiful, historic and vibrant suburb located just 13 miles west of Philadelphia, with nearby parks, trails, and gardens.
The Radnor ABC House is located next to the Radnor Memorial Library and within walking distance of the center of town that offers a variety of shops and restaurants.
Additionally, the Radnor ABC House is within walking distance of public transportation including the SEPTA 105 bus line and the Paoli-Thorndale regional rail line, giving scholars easy access to the greater Philadelphia area. We are also very close to the King of Prussia Mall and Valley Forge National Park.
Recent Rankings – 2020, 2019, 2018
- Radnor Township School District Ranked #1 in Pennsylvania and #10 in US by Niche.com
- US News and World Report #3 in PA High Schools and #4 in PA for College Readiness
- Named to “40 Best Public High Schools in Philadelphia and Suburbs” by Philadelphia Magazine
- Ranked #1 Overall Best Public High Schools and #1 Public High School for STEM in Delaware County by niche.com
- Top SAT scores in Delaware County
- Newsweek Magazine – Named among America’s Best High Schools for STEM and in top 5 public high schools in PA
- 2016-2019Newsweek Magazine – #3 High School in Pennsylvania
- Apple Distinguished School and Project Lead the Way Distinguished School
25 AP courses including:
College Prep through Seminar level courses across Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry and Calculus
Anatomy & Physiology, Bioethics, Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Earth & Space Science, Physics, Science & the Environment
French, German, Latin, Spanish
Music, Theatre, Studio Art, Mixed Media, Culinary Arts, Photography
Business Administration, Personal Finance, Accounting, Business Law and Marketing Computer Science, Engineering, Aerospace, TV Studio
- Radnorite, – Students from Radnor’s student newspaper have won Keystone Press Awards in photography and feature writing.
- Since 2012 – 46 National Merit Scholarship winners and over 130 national Merit Commended Students.
- Several gold medal winners in the Philadelphia Scholastic Art and Writing awards.
- RHS Jazz Ensemble winners of Philadelphia area Cavalcade of Bands. RHS Indoor Guard and Jazz Band first place in the Festival of Music, Duxbury, MA.
- Athletics Program – Many league, district and state championships. Radnor is a founding member of the competitive Central League competing against schools from Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties.
- Amnesty International
- Art Club
- Battle of the Books
- Best Buddies
- Chess Club
- Color Guard
- Competitive Debate Club
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Homeless Youth Project
- Marching Band
- Model Congress
- Model UN
- National Honor Society
- Physics Olympics
- Radnor Activism Club
- Spring Musical
- Students Helping Students
- Technical Theatre
- USABO (Biology Olympics)
- and many more.
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Track & Field
- Ultimate Frisbee
RAD TV – Radnor Township School District educational access television station, running for more than 25 years